Home

“Dental amalgam is used in almost all countries. A 2009 WHO expert consultation concluded that a global near-term ban on amalgam would be problematic for public health and the dental health sector, but a phase down should be pursued by promoting disease prevention and alternatives to amalgam; research and development of cost-effective alternatives; education of dental professionals and the raising of public awareness.” ~ World Health Organization

“Exposure to mercury – even small amounts – may cause serious health problems, and is a threat to the development of the child in utero and early in life.” ~ World Health Organization

“Mercury may have toxic effects on the nervous, digestive and immune systems, and on lungs, kidneys, skin and eyes.” ~ World Health Organization

“Mercury is considered by WHO as one of the top ten chemicals or groups of chemicals of major public health concern.” ~ World Health Organization

  • Dental Amalgam contains about 50% Mercury.
  • Mercury has been scientifically demonstrated to be more toxic than Lead, Cadmium or even Arsenic.
  • Mercury leaves dental amalgam continuously throughout the lifetime of the filling.
  • Mercury vapour is the main way that mercury comes out of amalgam
  • Mercury vapour is absorbed at a rate of 80% through the lungs into the arterial blood
  • The average amalgam filling releases about 34 (plus-minus 2) micrograms of mercury daily
  • Mercury atoms can attach to any cell in the body rendering it abnormal, and subject to destruction by the immune system. This condition is collectively referred to as “auto immune disease”
  • Mercury kills cells.
  • Mercury from amalgam is transported freely via the blood
  • Mercury vapour is absorbed directly into the brain
  • Mercury crosses the blood brain barrier
  • Brain levels of mercury are in a direct linear proportion
  • Amalgam fillings produce electrical currents, which are no doubt injurious to health. These currents are measurable in Micro Amps. The Central Nervous System and Brain operate in the range of Nano-Amps, which are 1,000 times less than a Micro Amp
  • Dissimilar metals in the mouth, such as gold and amalgam, produce higher electrical currents

“Mercury is now a ubiquitous contaminant. The average American may have several micrograms of it in each liter of blood, and the atmospheric burden of mercury has perhaps tripled since the industrial age. Whatever needs to be done to protect humanity from its love affair with quicksilver, it had better happen soon.” – Discover Magazine, “Our Preferred Poison: A Little Mercury is All That Humans Need to Do Away With Themselves Quietly, Slowly, and Surely,” Vol. 26, No. 03, March 2005

“In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.”  ~Author Unknown

Advertisements